Goodstock Pulled Pork Crockpot Carnitas
Celebrate Crocktober with these 10 minute prep Carnitas for a weeknight dinner no-brainer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours on low OR 4 hours on high
4 lbs of pork butt
1 onion (diced)
1 jalapeño (seeded and diced)
- 1 orange (squeezed)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 beer of your choice (can substitute with 12 oz. stock)
1. Cut pork butt into four even pieces.
2. Combine oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Season pork butt with the mixture.
3. Place the pork in slow cooker, fat cap up. Top with onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Squeeze the juice of the orange and pour in beer.
4. Slow cook on medium for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
5. Shred the pork with two forks, serve in tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or in a bowl with rice and top with diced onions and cilantro.