Grilled Beef Kabobs
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus 3 hours to marinate the meat
Cook Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 lbs. boneless top sirloin or tender tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into 1-inch dice
- 8 large mushrooms, halved
- 1 large yellow or purple onion, quartered and separated into pieces
1. Prepare the marinade by combining the olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, and garlic in a large glass baking dish. Mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade in a small bowl, cover, and place in the fridge to use later for basting.
2. Cost the beef cubes in the marinade, cover the dish, and place in the fridge to marinate for 3 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grill grates. Soak 16 wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes. This prevents the skewers from catching fire once they are on the grill.
4. Drain the beef and discard the marinade. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Set up your kabobs by threading beef cubes on the skewer alternating with bell peppers, mushrooms and onions.
5. Grill the kabobs (in batches, if necessary) until cooked to medium-rare, turning and basting frequently with the reserved marinade, 10 -15 minutes.