Traditional Green Bean Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 (14 ½ ounce) cans French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) can concentrated cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed buttery round crackers (such as Ritz)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
In a medium bowl, combine the green beans, mushroom soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Stir the melted butter into the crushed crackers and then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
Bake until light brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
While the casserole is baking, toast the panko bread crumbs on a baking sheet in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Top the casserole with the toasted bread crumbs. Then ring the dinner bell!