Wanting to treat your family to the ultimate Texas Christmas meal, but unsure about how to prepare a Prime Rib Roast?
Chef Robert Hale from Beef Loving Texans is breaking it down for you in this video! Watch now to go from Novice to Pro... and when you're ready, pre-order yours NOW at https://bit.ly/3zvEiM4
-½ cup Olive Oil or 5 oz. Banner Butter (melted)
-Seasoning from Goodstock or Salt and Pepper Blend
-1 Goodstock Prime Rib Roast (Bone In or Boneless)
1. Preheat your oven to 350° or smoker to 325°
2. Trim any unwanted fat or ‘silver skin’ off of the roast.
3. Thoroughly coat the roast in olive oil for a seasoning adhesive. Season the beef with either a salt and pepper blend, or a seasoning of your liking. (May we suggest… our No Fuss Rub, Spiceology Prime Rib, or Perini Steak)
4. OVEN: Place the roast in a baking dish with a rack for ventilation, or line the bottom of the dish with vegetables of your choice. Roast the prime rib for 3.5-4hr, checking that the internal temperature has reached your desired level on the chart below.
SMOKER: Place the prime rib directly in the smoker and smoke for 3.5-4hr, checking that the internal temperature has reached your desired level on the chart below.
5. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
6. Slice into one inch portions along the grain, or however large you desire. Transfer the slices to a platter and enjoy a wonderful holiday meal!
Internal Temperature Chart:
125°F - Rare
135°F - Medium Rare
145°F - Medium
150°F - Medium Well
160°F - Well Done