Wanting to treat your family to the ultimate Texas Christmas meal, but unsure about how to prepare a Whole Beef Tenderloin?
Chef Robert Hale from Beef Loving Texans is breaking it down for you in this video! Watch now to go from Novice to Pro... and when you're ready, pre-order yours NOW at https://bit.ly/3zvEiM4
- ½ cup Olive Oil or 1 5oz. Banner Butter, melted
-Seasoning from Goodstock or Salt and Pepper Blend
-1 Goodstock Whole Tenderloin
1. Preheat your oven to 325°or smoker to 300°
2. Trim any unwanted fat or ‘silver skin’ off of the tenderloin.
3. Thoroughly coat the tenderloin in olive oil for a seasoning adhesive. Season the beef with either a salt and pepper blend, or a seasoning of your liking. (May we suggest… our No Fuss Rub, Spiceology Prime Rib, or Perini Steak)
4. OVEN: Place the tenderloin in a baking dish with a rack for ventilation, or line the bottom of the dish with vegetables of your choice. Roast the tenderloin for 1hr, checking that the internal temperature has reached your desired level. See chart below.
SMOKER: Place the tenderloin directly in the smoker and smoke for 1hr, checking that the internal temperature has reached your desired level. See chart below.
5. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
6. Cut the smallest portion of the tenderloin off, save or discard. Slice into one inch disks, or however large you desire. Transfer the slices to a platter and enjoy a wonderful holiday meal!
Internal Temperature Chart:
125°F - Rare
135°F - Medium Rare
145°F - Medium
150°F - Medium Well
160°F - Well Done