RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE- Goodstock by Nolan Ryan Butcher Shop
With 20 years of experience offering high-quality beef to grocery stores and food service providers in the Texas area, Nolan Ryan Brands has recently opened it’s first boutique butcher shop in Round Rock, TX. The retail shop is a destination for both locals and out-of-town guests and serves as part butcher shop and part retail shop. Visitors can expect a unique experience that celebrates Texas traditions and supports local artisans and producers. The shop will preserve a traditional butcher shop experience by offering fresh and frozen beef, while adding a modern flare in both design and experience. We want guests to walk away with new ideas, inspiration, and retail products they didn’t expect to find, while inspiring them to create new and flavorful experiences at home.
We are seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate ideally with previous food and/or beverage retail experience to engage with customers and help guide them through their journey in our store. Customer service is extremely important to us, and we want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable asking questions about our products and how best to prepare them. As we are setting a warm and inviting atmosphere but doing it in a new world of personal space recognition, we are looking for a candidate who understands the importance of customer engagement timing and level of contact. This role reports to the Retail Store Manager and will manage the point-of-sale system, display showcases and educate themselves to have intimate knowledge of the products and wares in our store so no guest’s question will go unanswered.
Primary Job Duties
- Ensure customer engagement is top priority and communicate the unique aspects of our brand and store products.
- Manage and stock displays ensuring visuals in-store are fresh and clean.
- Report and track inventory.
- Be available to work 10-20 hours a week, some of which will be over the weekend. (Retail shop is closed on Mondays)
- Present our customer engagement talking points so guests understand our brand story.
- Share meal preparation ideas, food pairing ideas, grilling tips and new in-store discoveries.
- Maintain knowledge of all products and have awareness of current or upcoming trends.
- Search for opportunities to surprise and delight visitors.
- Maintain store cleanliness, security, and employee/customer safety.
- Contribute to a positive, enthusiastic, and inclusive work environment.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
- Check-out guests through our POS software and ensure all inventory and sales are tracked accurately.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma required. Relative experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in retail sales.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Experience in the food and beverage industry preferred.
- TABC Certification for Beer/Wine Sales, or ability to complete Certification course.
- Experience managing creative displays and showcases preferred.
- Clover POS software experience a plus.
- Understanding of sales and customer service techniques.
- Frequently bending, balancing, and need of manual dexterity.
- Continuously standing and walking on tile/concrete, talking, seeing, and hearing.
- Occasionally carrying and moving boxes.
- $10 - $12 per hour, depending on experience
- Employee Discount at Retail Store.
To Apply For Position
- Please submit all information and resume to: email@example.com