BUTCHER- Goodstock by Nolan Ryan Butcher Shop
With 20 years of experience offering high-quality beef to grocery stores and food service providers in the Texas area, Nolan Ryan Brands opened it’s first boutique butcher shop in Round Rock, TX in 2020. The retail shop is a destination for both locals and out-of-town guests and serves as a butcher shop and a boutique retail shop. Visitors can expect a unique experience that celebrates Texas traditions and supports local artisans and producers. The shop preserves a traditional butcher shop experience by offering fresh, craft and frozen beef, while adding a modern flair in both design and experience. We want guests to walk away with new ideas, inspiration and retail products they didn’t expect to find, while inspiring them to create new and flavorful experiences worthy of their family’s traditions. We’ve been getting some attention from the press so if you’re interested in learning more, ride along with Chet Garner of The Daytripper or Shane from the Texas Bucket List on their visits to the shop.
We’re not just looking for your average butcher–we’re looking for someone who truly gets excited about serving and grilling great meats. Because we are a small shop that considers the experience of walking through our doors as important as the quality of the meat, we are looking for someone who will bring fresh thinking and creativity to the job–and we’ll listen. We’re serious about our proteins and so are the grilling enthusiasts who walk through our doors. We go to great lengths to ensure our products are top notch and we expect the same from our team. The most successful candidate for this position will purposely engage our customers providing selection, preparation and cooking advice and will truly represent our brand and Nolan himself–who will pop by and pick up some of your creations from time to time.
Primary Job Duties
- Cuts, trims, de-bones meat for display or as ordered by customers according to company standards.
- Assist in the development and execution of meat merchandising plans and promotions.
- Performs cross functional retail and market duties as needed.
- Conducts daily cleaning and sanitation procedures for the meat case, market and processing area including use of sanitation chemicals.
- Prices, stocks, and tags meat merchandise.
- Uses technology to track, communicate, and replenish inventory.
- Receives and scans inventory and ensures proper storage practices.
- Engages customers with questions and provides guidance on product selection, cooking techniques, food preparation and recipes.
- Rotates product in meat cooler and monitors product performance and shelf life according to company standards.
- Weighs, wraps, and labels product packages for counter display.
- Maintains and operates knives, electric grinder, meat saw, knife sharpener, and pallet jack.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least 2 years of butchering experience working with fresh meat in a retail environment.
- Experience and knowledge of beef sub-primals, cutting standards, and package presentation.
- Availability to work 20 - 29 hours per week.
- Flexibility to work evenings, holidays and/or weekends.
- Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively.
- Must have a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
- Have pride in quality service and food preparation knowledge.
- TABC Certification for Beer/Wine sales, or ability to complete Certification course.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach, push/pull, use hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Operate a knife, electric grinder, meat saw, knife sharpener, and pallet jack.
- Lift and carry moderately heavy loads (40-60 lbs.).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The company complies with its reasonable accommodation obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law.
- Frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts, cold environments, and high-tech chemicals.
- Occasionally be exposed to wet conditions.
- Moderate noise level in the processing room work environment.
- Interactive and fast-paced retail environment that requires detail and precise tasks.
- Required to wear a mask and appropriate clothing as outlined in company handbook.
- $15.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Employee discounts at the Retail Store
To Apply For Position
- Please submit all information and resume to: email@example.com