Supply Chain Manager
Over twenty years ago, Nolan Ryan and several leading cattle ranchers in central Texas started a beef supply company so that every Texan could have high quality, exceptionally flavorful beef to enjoy with their friends and family. Today, Nolan Ryan Brands is one of the leading beef supply companies in Texas and is still working hard to meet this objective. Our culture consists of an ambitious and dedicated team who has a keen interest for expansion. We are looking for someone who values teamwork, collaboration, and attention to detail as much as we do.
The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of purchasing, demand planning, inventory management, and distribution of products. The position will be based out of the Round Rock, TX office and report to the Vice President of Operations & Supply Chain. For an individual to be successful in this role, they must be a good communicator and critical thinker. They will be expected to delegate and see that all tasks are carried out to support the needs of the customers and the business.
- Collect and execute accurate order entry of Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Ensure that all replenishment and sourcing of products is executed to support the growing needs of the business.
- Oversee logistics and distribution of our products from vendors to customers. This includes identifying carriers, scheduling logistics, and managing freight costs.
- Manage demand planning, scheduling, and forecasting across all supply sources.
- Update weekly formula cost and pricing using market reports or other pricing inputs.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day point of contact in all vendor relations.
- Assist in quoting pricing to the retail customers or sales team and ensuring samples are scheduled and shipped timely and accurately.
- Organize and manage data entry into spreadsheets and run reports for management that are used for analysis, forecasting, and demand planning.
- Uphold the integrity of all Food Safety and Quality programs and assist in holding suppliers accountable to adhere to program expectations.
- Develop a financial acumen that allows for contribution to the monthly P&L forecast.
Education and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in Business Administration, Agri-Business, Agri-Economics, Meat Science, Animal Science, Food Science, or other related degree or experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of beef or protein supply chain experience is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Requires the ability to effectively communicate verbally and virtually. Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite, and making effective presentations to diverse groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply such concepts as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, utilization of Excel Spreadsheets and reporting functions are required. Experience using Oracle NetSuite and iTrade EDI are preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Commensurate with background and experience.
To Apply For Position:
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé to:
Chief Executive Officer
Nolan Ryan Brands, LP
3500 East Palm Valley Blvd, Suite 1
Round Rock, TX 78665